The Analytical Chemist is responsible for developing and conducting a broad variety of chemical, metallurgical and microscopic analyses. Provides technical support for all product lines in the areas of material and process controls, conformance to quality standards, product and failure analysis and material characterization studies.
1. Plan, organize, and conduct simple-to-complex metallurgical / metallograhic analyses in order to characterize physical, mechanical, thermal, and microstructural properties of metals, alloys, ceramics and composites.
2. Plan, organize, and conduct simple-to-complex chemical analyses of materials.
3. Plan, organize, and prepare graphic, photographic, computer generated and other images and representations supporting each analysis for internal and external distribution, as required. Where reports are issued, they are issued in a timely fashion.
4. Coordinate the internal and external analytical testing of check samples of selected raw materials. Provide test results to Incoming Materials Quality Assurance to allow release of raw materials to manufacturing or the warehouse. Provide technical interpretation of results.
5. Document all procedures and findings to provide objective evidence of all work performed. Documentation is to be in accordance with company procedural requirements.
6. Maintain records, technical reports, test results, images, files, samples, etc. to ensure proper storage and ease of retrieval. Also includes where required coordinating with Calibration that all active instruments and equipment are maintained in a calibrated status.
7. Ensure that analytical laboratory facilities comply with OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies requirements.
8. Search out and maintain contacts with outside contract laboratories where tests / analyses beyond MPDs capabilities maybe performed, and where any overflow work may be sent.
9. Coordinate the activities of any part-time or temporary personnel that may be assigned.
10. Provide consultation services as may be required to MPD personnel and management.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
Education Requirements (All)
- Bachelor's Degree
- OR Equivalent Work Experience
- Scanning Electron Microscope, atomic absorption spectroscopy, and gas chromatographic
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Stock Awards, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen
State or Province