|About the Job
Automation Controls Engineer
In June 2013, a new, state-of-the-art facility in Batavia, New York began producing great tasting Müller yogurt for consumers across the U.S. The successful opening was due to the commitment, dedication and enthusiasm of our adventurous and hardworking employees. Our innovative yogurt portfolio and talented employees help us to seek ways to consistently exceed our consumers’ expectations. You can join this winning team!
Description Provide technical support and expertise for the control systems/software used to manufacture, package, and warehouse high quality yogurt products. Designs, develops, and/or tests equipment, materials, and processes. Monitors performance and troubleshoots problems to insure optimal process/program design and/or application of software control of equipment, materials, and processes. Determines and documents program software design changes and modifications, maintenance, and adjustments of machinery/equipment and assists maintenance and operations in applicable operation and/or control. Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine controls over variables. Analyzes machine control problems and assists in software design and processes to satisfy MQD needs. Ownership and delivery of projects and assigned tasks that lead to increased safety, quality, reliability, and productivity. Support shift maintenance as required with the swift diagnosis and rectification of breakdowns. Key involvement in continuous improvement initiatives, along with ownership and delivery of projects and assigned tasks.
1. Proficiency in Rockwell Automation PLC Control Systems including S88 programming structure, and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Logix motion experience and FactoryTalk View ME/SE, FT Batch, Plant PAX.
2. Experience with vision and barcode scanning systems
3. Experience with Servo Controllers and Servo Systems
4. Experience with analog and digital signals
5. Background in control networks including Ethernet/IP, DH+, DeviceNet, GPIB and Profibus
6. Strong problem solving and analytical skills in areas of Control Software and Programming and Control Hardware issues
7. On-call emergency service support and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
8. Able to apply root cause analysis to resolve systematic or reoccurring control issues
9. Engineering-related tasks, including but not limited to assisting with the assessment, development, installation, implementation, commissioning, monitoring, and maintenance of custom control systems in heavy industrial or manufacturing facilities.
10. Ability to develop Standard code control strategies to improve system utilization and reliability
11. Manage software revisions using database management software and methods
12. Assist Technical Support technicians in training, programming and troubleshooting production and processing equipment
13. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
14. Ability to lead a project team by communicating essential information and providing interdisciplinary interface
15. Field startup experience
16. Exceptional time and project management skills
17. Suggest ways to improve the electrical and controls systems to drive continuous improvement.
18. Act as a liaison to outside contractors performing services on electrical and controls systems.
19. Document corrective actions, calibrations, and maintenance activities.
20. Support and delivery of projects to deadlines.
21. Support plant lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· 7 + year’s (10 preferred) relevant experience.
· Proficiency in Rockwell Automation PLC Control Systems including S88 programming structure, and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Logix motion experience and FactoryTalk View ME/SE, FT Batch, Plant PAX.
· Control system design, software creation and start-ups.
· Ability to program and integrate systems onsite
· Self-motivated Individual who requires minimal direction and supervision.
· Ability and desire to learn new skills, have good troubleshooting skills, and possess strong verbal and in written communication skills.
· Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
· Individual must be a team player with positive communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
|Muller Quaker Dairy LLC|
State or Province