Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans - enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
Would you like to be part of a company that is reinvesting in its own success? Novelis - Oswego is doing that by expanding our business. We are currently building a $200 million dollar state of the art manufacturing expansion to sustain our future. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a company. As a result of this expansion we are seeking career minded individuals to join our team and help lead the way to becoming the undisputed global leader in the aluminum rolled products industry.
Novelis – Oswego, NY is seeking a motivated, self starter to be a member of our Plant/Manufacturing Automation team. This position is responsible for support, enhancements and continued development of our Plant/Manufacturing Automation Systems. The successful candidate will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor on these engagements, contributing to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
• Maintenance of existing automated systems
• Application of mature engineering knowledge in planning and conducting projects having a scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of responsible assignments
• Application of state-of-the-art technology and techniques to resolve complex engineering problems
• Performs special study programs involving technical data of a complex nature
• Support manufacturing by working closely with the Operations, Engineering and Process Groups
• Direct vendors and consultants
• Involvement in equipment, operator and maintenance training programs
• Promote external contacts with other operations research groups as necessary
• Must be willing to keep current with the ever-changing technology, balancing it with the needs of the operations to bring forth improvements in process control, process automation and process management systems and methods
• Candidate must be able to work for any employer within the US without requiring any sponsorship
• BS in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or related discipline or minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing automation field
• Strong communication skills required
• Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture
• Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# or VB.Net programming
• Understanding of TCP/IP networks Desired Qualifications
• Experience in HMI/SCADA systems. Experience with WonderWare HMI systems a plus.
• Experience with SQL programming and relational databases
• Experience in building client/server applications
• Experience in multi-threaded applications development
• Experience working in an IT environment or organization
• Experience in Windows operating system management and configuration as it pertains to a networked manufacturing environment
Novelis - Oswego is a progressive employer in terms of product mix, employee development and career opportunity. The Oswego facility completes the full cycle of aluminum manufacturing including, recycling, remelting, casting, hot milling and cold milling. Novelis offers market competitive salaries, bonuses and excellent benefit plans including company funded pension and 401k match.
Novelis is an equal opportunity employer.
State or Province