|Kaman Composites Vermont a division of Kaman Aerospace Group specializing in the design and manufacture of carbon fiber related products is located in Bennington Vermont. We have a new opportunity for an experienced individual to join us as a CNC Programmer.
Job Summary: The individual will be responsible for the accurate programming of CNC machines for all assigned jobs. Will provide training and on-going support of CNC Machinists on the set up and operation of machines to ensure programs run as expected. Will trouble shoot with machinists as needed. Will cross train in the operation of all 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machines and will serve as an operator when required. As time allows will also cross train and operate manual machines. Will actively participate in and contribute ideas to all continuous improvement activities that are related to programming and CNC/manual machine operations.
• Will be responsible for CNC machine programming of assigned parts and tooling to include:
o Simplifying robust programs for CNC machine operator
o Providing well documented instructions
o Adherence to best practice, consistent with protocols
o Ensuring best stack up of tolerances and good match to print requirements in order of operations
o Providing ongoing support of operators when the programs are run.
• Will Interface with Engineering in support of CNC programming and tooling needs
• Will collaborate with production and project engineers and production teams on the selection of best fit methods for manufacture (e.g. routing fixture vs. CNC machining)
o Collaborate on capacity and capability enhancement by reduce setup times and improving fixtures for error proofing
o Participation in continuous improvement activities in programming and CNC machine operations.
o Will cross train in the operation of all 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machines and in manual machining and will serve as an operator when required.
Education: A minimum of a High School diploma with preference given to candidates with additional education in a technical field.
• 3-5 years minimum experience with a wide array of CNC machine programming and operations processes preferably related to composites.
• 3-5 years experience using CNC programming software-Surfcam preferred
• 3-5 years experience interpreting technical drawings and 3-D models-GD&T and Solidworks preferred
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
? Mechanical Aptitude ? Attention to Detail ?PC Skills (hardware and software)
?Dependability ?Team Oriented ? Ability to adapt to changing company priorities ?Strong Time Management ?Problem Solving ?Initiative ?Results Oriented
?Strong Interpersonal, Written, Listening and Verbal Communication Skills
? Customer Focus ? Math Skills ? Analytical Skills
Knowledge:CNC Programming, CNC machine operations, ability to read blueprints and engineering drawings, ability to use measuring equipment-calipers, height gauges, micrometers
|Kaman Composites Vermont Inc.|
State or Province