As an Electrical Controls Engineer you will be a part of the FLS Automation team that is responsible for designing and implementing control systems for our FLS Spokane mining equipment. By joining our Automation team you will work with the complete electrical solution for our machines, ranging from initial control panel layout and component selection, to designing and programming of the control systems. Design and implementation of machine Control Systems will be the main focus.
Our FLS Spokane Automation group is dedicated to the design and implementation of electrical solutions for FLS equipment, using state of the art industrial instruments and sensor technology. Our equipment typically handles bulk material in high volumes and includes large conveyors with crushing stations and GPS controlled movable stacking/reclaiming systems at mine-sites throughout the world.
As an engineering office we have a wide variety of equipment solutions we maintain together with our international FLS offices.
· Responsible for the development of control systems documentation such as control philosophies, control system layout drawings, I/O lists and panel drawings under the direction of a lead engineer.
· Design and development of instrumentation and control systems for industrial applications and related assignments as defined by senior electrical engineering staff. This includes the specification of control systems hardware, including the material to support installation.
· Develop control systems, in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, and various client specifications.
· Develop technical tabulation to support the selection of control systems.
· Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
· Review and check technical vendor submittals for installation requirements.
· Prepare control systems analyses (feedback control, loop response, stability analysis, safety systems design etc.) as required.
· Support to procurement for sourcing of control system(s) hardware and software.
· Teamwork with other FLS engineering groups is an important part, and you are expected work in close cooperation with our colleagues in Copenhagen, Bethlehem and Chennai to ensure that control systems implementations are in-line with corporate strategy and working standards.
· As a vital part of the project development you will interface with the FLS machine design groups to implement safe and technically & economically optimized solutions.
· You will be involved with technical support to projects in their start-up phase and may be expected to travel (domestically and internationally) as part of your assignments to support internal customer and client expectations.
Other duties as assigned
B.Sc. or M.Sc. Electrical Engineer in Automation, Controls (or equivalent experience).
Prior work experience in machine design, PLC programming / troubleshooting is a plus.
An understanding of the principles of Systems Engineering as it related to control systems is a required.
Candidates must understand the principles and interrelationship of machine design and project execution.
The ability to handle varying workloads in dynamic diverse working environment; work independently while staying focused on meeting deadlines throughout projects is a must.
Experience in field bus operation and serial communication is preferred (Modbus, Profibus, etc)
Given the environment that the FLSmidth products operate in, an understanding of machine design safety requirements is paramount.
FLS Automation uses a FLS developed SCADA package that interfaces to four major PLC brands (Siemens, ABB, Allen-Bradley and Schneider). When you join FLSmidth you will receive training in our SCADA system.
FLSmidth emphasizes the value of qualified employees and offers continuous education and training throughout your career.
· Ability to operate a computer and use spreadsheet, database, and word processing. AutoCAD knowledge is a plus. Must be able to effectively adapt to FLSA Engineering tools, methods and standards. Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, executing a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally, within a high level of confidentiality.
State or Province