|Description Handle all aspects of small market underwriting for assigned agents including review of binders, applications, quotes, renewals, and endorsements for accounts generally under $25,000. Determine acceptance, rejection, or coverage modification in accordance with company underwriting guidelines. Develop proper account pricing based on established company standards. Provide service to agents at or above levels defined by the company as acceptable. Establish and/or comply with communication channels as structured for effective and consistent communication with CLTMís, BDSís and underwriters affiliated with your assigned underwriting territory
Direct contact with various company personnel to assure proper underwriting procedures.
Direct contact with agents and policyholders regarding various risk situations.
Ability to be sensitive and effective in responding to the concerns of policyholders and agents
1. Underwrite quotes, new business, renewals and endorsements for small accounts as defined by the company. Provide quick responses to agency initiated requests on a high volume of small market transactions. Review for acceptability and handle those within authority using company underwriting guides and material. Monitor renewal activity relative to no and low touch processing by the processing centers.
2. Utilize Predictive Modeling to establish and maintain adequate pricing on an individual account and book of business basis.
3. When necessary, order and analyze reports that may be needed in addition to, or outside the scope of, the factors considered in the Predictive Modeling process including ordering and analyzing physical inspections, financial reports, MVR's, and other underwriting reports.
4. Monitor and participate in the management of small markets process performance measures including transaction cycle time, file handling quality, and, work flow efficiency.
5. Monitor and participate in the management of small markets product performance measures including new business flow, pricing, predictive modeling statistics, hit ratios, loss ratios, and retention rates.
6. Act as liaison between agent and company for interface issues including:
-Provide agency training for interface as requested by management
-Assist with agency interface audits
-Monitor and manage agency interface usage activity.
7. Act as liaison between agent and company for issues related to use of the company Service Center. Promote Service Center enrollment and monitor utilization.
8. Participate in the review and analysis of agency performance based on production results, loss ratio (profitability) results, hit ratio, declination ratio, predictive modeling statistics and, other measures. Participate in the management of agency performance as part of the underwriting team.
9. Strengthen agency relationships through regular contact on underwriting matters, promoting new business growth, renewal retention, interface usage, and service center enrollment.
Qualifications Minimum of three years of commercial lines underwriting experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Good working knowledge of underwriting and pricing risks both at the individual risk level and overall book management level.
Good working knowledge of company underwriting standards and philosophy
Good working knowledge of all applicable special account insurance coverages.
Good working knowledge of predictive modeling.
Good working knowledge of company agency interface applications.
Good working knowledge of company service center operations
Good working knowledge of state statutes and regulations pertaining to underwriting assignments.
Ability to use personal computer with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
Capable of working as part of a team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
State or Province