|100 year old Spring Manufacturer seeks a Controller. Amsted Rail - Hammond Plant, is a hot wound spring manufacturer with a growing operation. The plant is 15 minutes from Chicago and two blocks from the South Shore commuter train which services Chicago and Northwest Indiana. There are currently 180 hourly Union employees and 21 salary employees. The business is growing quickly which lends to a dynamic and exciting environment.
This position is responsible to coordinate the general accounting, payroll, forecasting, and financial reporting functions to ensure compliance with established accounting principles and various Amsted, State, and Federal reporting requirements. This position reports to and receives general direction from Corporate Accounting and the Hammond Business Manager.
1. Coordinate activities of payroll, general ledger, and planning functions to ensure each area operates effectively and efficiently.
2. Preparation and review of plant level quarterly control reports and monthly financial reports to keep Amsted informed of the financial results and analysis of ASF operations.
3. Promote the values of love, dignity and respect with all co-workers to encourage continuous growth and improvement within the organization.
4. Review capital, repair, and expense projects submitted for approval to verify requests conform to Amsted guidelines.
5. Monitor payroll registers and retirement benefit predictions to verify validity of payments processed and adherence to plan provisions.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting and/or Certified Public Accountant. Five years experience in industrial accounting.
Knowledge and familiarity with general cost accounting principles, including accounts payable/receivable, payroll, expense accounts, forecasting, data analysis, production of spreadsheets, State and Federal guidelines for preparation of financials, and mathematical concepts. Familiarity with computer applications and software a must.
Excellent communication and managerial skills. Ability to direct and motivate staff, complete multiple tasks in a timely manner, work well with others, organized, responsible, self-motivated, analyze financial data and provide recommendations to facilitate growth and profitability for the organization. Open to growth opportunities within the company.
State or Province