Since 1917, Globe Machine has been a manufacturer of industrial machines, systems, and plants for advanced composites, building products, and pulp & paper.
Our Senior Controls Design Engineers are responsible for leading the planning and designing of electro-mechanical equipment and control systems as well as leading teams of engineers. Furthermore, this role specifies hardware and writes programs for PLC based control systems for industrial machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, drawings and related data to determine electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion and control components for mechanical equipment.
· Use computer assisted design/drafting software i.e., AutoCAD to create detail drawings and schematics, in house and during field installation of equipment.
· Use computer programming software to program PLC based control systems for manufacturing equipment.
· Coordinate and conduct tests of completed units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
· Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and make appropriate changes to equipment.
· Field commission of equipment at customer sites, make adjustments and recommendations to engineers for design modifications to eliminate malfunctions as needed.
· Author equipment maintenance and instruction manuals for end users.
· Interface internally with engineering department, sales, purchasing, shop personnel and project management.
· Interface externally with vendors, customers, consultants and contractors to ensure the delivered systems meet technical performance specifications.
· BSEE or similar degree required.
· Minimum seven years of experience directly related to designing electro-mechanical equipment for manufacturing environments required.
· Experience in the industrial equipment industry required; experience in the design of panel, wood or pulp and paper product handling equipment desired.
· Demonstrated knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion and control components required.
· Must have experience in industrial electrical design, PLC programming, HMI software design, industrial networking, MCC hardware/software configuration, and Closed-Loop Servo control.
· Proven proficiency with AutoCAD 2012 and Microsoft Office required.
· Proven proficiency Rockwell and Siemens programming software, such as RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk Studio, Step7, WinCC, and Wonderware Intouch required.
· Ability to read drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams and electrical schematics required.
· Proven experience in field start-up, testing, and troubleshooting of equipment required.
· Strong written and verbal business communication skills a must.
· Proven track record of being self-motivated, working with minimal supervision, and partnering with diverse team members required.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, retain a sense of urgency and meet strict timelines required.
· Conduct oneself with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
|Globe Machine Manufacturing Company|
State or Province