|Job Summary: Analyzes complex business requirements, translate them to data requirements and develop conceptual, logical and physical data models. Identify and promote best practices and reuse patterns across all Line of Businesses. Manages planning, organizing and implementing multiple and complex data and information design projects.
Functional Responsibilities: Devises standards and processes for the group. Creates architectural blue prints to enable understanding of high level business requirements. Understands and incorporates industry standards into enterprise architectural guidelines. Manages and resolves multiple design priorities with various customers efficiently. Tool evaluation and work with vendor for new functionality based on enterprise requirements. Project planning activities in support of AD efforts. Partners with AD to ensure best design solutions for most efficient use of data. Develops and implements data modeling standards and best practices, including re-use across the application portfolios. Prepares status reports on project work and workplan progress. Ensures that relational designs and dimensional databases performs effectively and efficiently, conceptually, logically and physically. Provides expert knowledge in working with CA ERWIN CASE tool. Effectively maintains all artifacts associated with supported applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead and motivates project team members that are not direct reports, as well as providing work direction to lower-level staff members
* Candidate must have minimally 5 years professional data modeling experience. At least 3 years experience with ERwin Data Modeler or other software modeling tool(s).
* Investment or Insurance industry knowledge is required
* Must be proficient with MS Office Suite including Visio & MS Project
* Minimally 5 years hands on client server relational database experience using one or more of the following: Oracle, UDB, MS SQL Server, & DB2
* At least 2 years experience with data warehousing.
* Bachelors degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, equivalent years of relevant experience will be considered.
* Experience working with an on-shore/off-shore model.
* Strong communication skills, both, in written & verbal formats.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
State or Province