|Business Unit : Industrial Technologies Sector
Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand Industrial Technologies provides products, services and solutions that enhance our customers' energy efficiency, productivity and operations. Our diverse and innovative products range from complete compressed air systems, tools and pumps to material and fluid handling systems. We also enhance productivity through solutions created by Club Car(R), the global leader in golf and utility vehicles for businesses and individuals.
The Americas Service Operations Team develops, enables and deploys the standard service execution model of our field service organization as we progress on the path towards premiere performance in the area of Service Operation Excellence. Our work guides the day-to-day activities of over 500 Ingersoll Rand direct field service professionals, including Service Technicians, Service Coordinators and Service Managers.
The position will play a key role in shaping the future capability and direction of the ITS Americas service offering portfolio. He / she will develop and help managing the current diagnostics suite of service offerings, including remote monitoring, lubricant analysis, condensate analysis, vibration analysis, and air quality analysis. This position will serve as the key point of contact with field service representatives and third party vendors associated with each. At the same time, it will be necessary to work in concert with and take direction from the Reliability and Diagnostics Leader to develop and commercialize future diagnostics and reliability offerings.
1. Manage field execution of ITS Americas diagnostics portfolio of offerings
2. Act as liaison to third party suppliers for management of lubricant, vibration, condensate and air quality analysis programs
3. Serve as conduit for updates to these programs to be commercialized and communicated
to the field
4. Manage current remote monitoring customer offering and participate in development of future state offering
5. Support development and commercialization of future diagnostics and reliability based maintenance offerings
6. Work with Service Operations team and Engineering Group to develop connectivity platform for new technician handheld device (iPad) to current generation IR compressor local controllers
7. Serve as Americas Services liaison on New Product Development (NPD) process
8. Support Design for Serviceability process in the Americas region
Percentage of Travel:
Min. Yrs. Experience:5
Education Standard:Bachelors Degree
Education Type:Engineering or Technical degree preferred
Bachelor’s Degree required; Engineering or other technical degree; preference will be given to candidates with expertise on statistical analysis, signal processing, and vibration analysis / testing; understanding of tribology and lubricant lifing management is a plus.
5-10 years of diagnostics and condition based maintenance experience supporting field service
Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
Proficiency with basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
State or Province