Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Director, Commerical Lines Auto Product Development
Our Policy is Performance Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions. Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers. …what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!! Reporting to the AVP, Commercial Lines Automobile, the Commercial Auto Underwriting Director will lead multiple large-scale projects of critical strategic importance including new product and rating development. Responsibilities:
- Understanding of the Commercial Auto needs. Is able to communicate that understanding to internal and external audiences, and is able to design and implement product, pricing, and service capabilities in support of that strategy.
- Establish and Communicate Underwriting Guidance: Research underwriting issues, establish and/or modify underwriting policy, guidelines, and appetite as well as prepare communications to Home Office management and/or the field for implementation of underwriting direction. Operate as Commercial Auto Subject Matter Expert providing expert advice to Division Underwriting Consultants, Territorial Managers and others in the segment on technical underwriting issues and/or referrals from the field.
- Establish, Communicate, and Monitor Rating and Pricing Strategy: Represent Small Commercial Auto working with Actuarial and Product Development teams to ensure the successful implementation of rate plans and pricing strategies. - Support Commercial Auto Sales and Marketing: Assist in the development of Commercial Auto internal and external marketing material.
- Subject Matter Expert and lead for the Commercial Auto , which includes a re-design of the Commercial Auto automated underwriting questions and decision rules.
- Lead Projects in Support of Commercial Auto Expansion: Operate as business lead in developing potential product, rating, pricing, and marketing solution for commercially used Autos registered to individuals.
- Manage Commercial Auto IT Investment Portfolio: Manage IT maintenance capacity to ensure appropriate prioritization of Auto compliance related items.
- Analyze Financial Performance: Analyze financial performance in Commercial Auto; identify trends in performance and develop recommendations for improvement as needed. Review countrywide results to evaluate execution in the field and recommend/implement corrective actions as needed to address identified issues.
- Minimum 5 years experience with some emphasis on Commercial Lines Auto - Strong insurance product knowledge - Superior analytical & problem-solving skills - Aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance - Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects, tasks or assignments - Results orientation - Superior communication skills, both oral & written - Motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative; ability to work independently with minimal direction - Ability to deal confidently with all levels of the organization, including senior executives in Home Office, field managers and field underwriters - Basic competency with Microsoft office applications. Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous ""Time Off With Pay"" The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s. EEO Statement The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace. The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed ""Employment Agency Agreement"" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.>
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segments: Accounting, Actuarial, Administrative, Finance, Insurance, Management, Manager, Marketing, Office Manager, Operations, Product Development, Product Manager, Research, Underwriter
Hanover Insurance Co
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.