|Job Description: SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Working in both the manufacturing and extusion areas provides management support and leadership for engineers and technicians, and provides the technical support for the manufacture of existing products and the growth and development of new products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Provides the company with recommendations and decisions regarding manufacturing and extrusion engineering which have a positive financial impact on the company.
• Provides Merit with recommendations and decisions which uphold Merit's standards in providing quality product to the customer.
• Manages the Manufacturing and extrusion Engineers and Technicians in performing daily manufacturing engineering line support duties.
• Manages new product development projects from the Research & Development Department which are transfered to Manufacturing and extrusion, as well as major process improvement and automation projects.
• Works with various departments and is responsive to their needs.
• Develops capital plans and budgets for the Manufacturing Engineering Department.
• Appraises the performance of Engineers and Technicians to give the Engineering Department direction and motivation to meet organizational goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or any related field.
• Work related experience of at least four years in the disposable medical device manufacturing engineering industry, project management and experience producing extruded tubing for medical devices.
• Must have a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Must have a general knowledge of the medical device industry and the applications of Merit's products in the medical field.
• Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to accomplish organizational objectives effectively.
• Must be able to work as part of a management team and meet profitability goals efficiently.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
• Manufacturing/extrusion engineering decisions/financial impact
• Product quality
• New product development project management
• Budget/capital planning
• Supervisory process/performance evaluation/discipline/training
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require
|Merit Medical Systems, Inc.|
State or Province