The ESN Product Manager has the overall responsibility for managing and maintaining strategic relationships with customers who use and interact with the Enhanced Security Network (ESN). Performs as liaison between enterprise and end-users, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants to define and establish service and support requirements. Investigates and resolves customer relationship problems. Analyzes technology industry and market trends and determines potential impact upon the enterprise with a specific focus on the ESN. Acts as a leader in the ITIL Service Design lifecycle phase for service additions, enhancements and improvements. Works in conjunction with other Computing Operations workgroups to support the operation of production systems in a tier 3 capacity. Works with other ITS management peers to support and ensure the stability of the ITS production environment
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
• Gathers business requirements and translating them into internet/Web architecture to achieve business objectives.
• Analyzes assigned specifications, planning, designing, and developing solutions, utilizing appropriate internet/intranet/extranet architecture processes supporting a wide range of content—either individually or in concert with project team members.
• Provides appropriate documentation for object design decisions, estimating assumptions, applets, and performance metrics—as required by organization architecture process standards, or as assigned.
• Responsible for minimizing the issues between the client and the server applications
• Facilitate technical discussions & meetings in order to develop solutions that will lead to service efficiencies & customer satisfaction
• Manage short range projects necessary to effect changes in the IT organization that will result in an improved customer experience with IT services
• Work with project management staff, technology stakeholders and customers to identify and build new solutions to problems
• Identify ownership of broken or inefficient processes/services and work across teams and organizations to find service-oriented solutions.
• Ability to advise hands-on configuration, automation and build of complex systems and components if required
• Establish traceability and documentation tools for use between requirements gathering and detailed service design
• Ensure technical architecture for service designs are consistent with standards
• Provide guidance to development teams during the analysis, development, testing and integration phase.
• Provide expert knowledge of infrastructure architecture and consult business and technology teams when application architecture knowledge is needed
• Fourteen years overall experience and three to five years solution design, system engineering or architectural experience required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• In depth knowledge of or skills in web and database systems.
• In depth knowledge of or skills in virtualization and Xenapp Server.
• In depth knowledge of or skills in interpreting and implementing controls outlined in the NIST 800 series of documentation, ITIL v3 experience a plus.
• Applied knowledge of or skills in determining operational and financial impact of new product and service offerings.
• In-depth knowledge of or skills relating to interdependencies between host-based systems (servers) and applications, data networks, and client systems.
• In-depth knowledge of or skills in planning, design, and implementation practices.
• In-depth knowledge of or skills in oral, presentation and written communications.
• Applied knowledge of or skills (can perform without assistance) in leading projects and/or individuals.
• General knowledge of or skills (can perform with assistance) in budget development and management.
• Applied knowledge of or skills (can perform without assistance) in standards and SOP development.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and manage dynamic cross-function solutions teams.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND SPECIALIZED TOOLS APPROPRIATE TO FUNCTION INCLUDE:
• Windows Server and VMWare platforms.
• Xenapp Server, SSL/VPN Technology.
• Oracle, MS SQL, or MS SQL Server database systems.
• IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Macromedia Cold Fusion MX, MS ASP, MS .NET, F5 Big IP Load Balancing, Macromedia J Run.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
State or Province