Primary purpose is to design, implement and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, and systems. Will confer with process engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
•Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
•Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects. Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
•Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
•Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
•Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
•Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to solve problems
•Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
•This job has supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities will entail daily supervision of electrical trades and occasional supervision of the maintenance department
•Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
•Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of Associates Degree, but Bachelor' of Science Degree preferred, majoring in Electrical Engineering from accredited College or university; and four to five years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
• Experience with ControlLogix/RSLogix , Micro Controllers and Connected Components, Visualization /HMI, Drives, Motion Control and Networks
• Previous supervisory experience with skilled trades.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Master Electrician License or the ability to acquire license within a predetermined time
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or veteran status, as well as handicaps that do not interfere with the performance of the job.
|StratTec Security Corporation|
State or Province