|From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for our Beech Island, SC mill.
Electrical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety and performance expectations.
The Electrical Engineer for this role will provide guidance in design, development, optimization and implementation of PLC, motion control and machine safety systems. ??Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of team members.
The incumbent reports to the Engineering Team Leader and receives direction in the form of specific project objectives.
Key customers include: Sector Product Supply Leadership, the Operations & Maintenance asset teams, a cross functional engineering support team, and staff capital project teams.
• Provide functional guidance in the initiation, design, development and optimization of manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
• Develop knowledge and skills in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
• Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
• Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause. ?????
•Initiate, design, optimize and develop manufacturing and supporting processes.
• Innovate, Initiate, Recommend and Lead electrical designs for product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $5 million from conception to commercialization.
• Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited College or University. Candidates with a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and possessing applicable experience may also be considered.
• Experience with manufacturing control systems, such as: Control Logix PLC’s; Reliance variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; automated inspection systems; vision systems, safety systems; and Ethernet communications.
• 2+ years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments.
• Ability to work independently or to lead a team to complete projects within required timeframe.
• Strong knowledge and background in control of high speed converting process and equipment, and demonstrated ability to translate knowledge into execution of process and capacity improvements.
•Lean Manufacturing practice and Problem Solving experience.
•Experience in managing capital projects.
Research and Engineering
United States of America-South Carolina-Beech Island
NA Group Brands Infant/Baby/Child Care-50214804
State or Province