|General Summary: This position has limited responsibility for hydraulic design of components of a product line in support of the strategic objectives of the NAMREG Region. This position, with oversight and mentoring from more experience staff, is responsible for designing various hydraulic solutions as well as specifying, testing, and qualifying the new hydraulic designs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Own hydraulic design responsibility on sections or components of assigned projects.
2. Ensure hydraulic design/layout is compliant with required third party and company standards.
3. Develop samples, prototypes, and test models for evaluation.
4. Specify and perform required tests to collect data and measurements.
5. Develop math models and perform flow field analysis on hydraulic data and other necessary technical data or documentation.
6. Estimate and manage standard or full unit cost of the various solutions.
7. Select components in cooperation with purchasing.
8. Participate in O-series runs of the hydraulic products in close cooperation with project
managers, product maintenance engineering and the production company.
9. Generate ideas for future products and product cost reductions.
10. Maintain excellent communication with affected departments in Grundfos companies, especially project, product, and production managers.
11. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering. 0-3 years of experience in a hydraulic industry is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience and/or equivalent education in
mechanical and hydraulic design principles.
2. Experience and/or equivalent education in design testing and analysis.
3. Experience and/or equivalent education using computers, office software, simulation software, and lab equipment for analysis of designs.
4. Ability to take responsibility for technical decisions on the product.
5. Ability to develop complex engineering drawings.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Proven ability to function effectively in a cross-functional environment.
Comments: Must be able to maintain a valid US passport.
Must be able to travel both internationally and in the US.
Travel expectation is approximately 15% of the time.
|Grundfos Pumps Corporation|
State or Province