|Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual ""100 Best Corporate Citizens"" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Performs installation, repair, maintenance and alteration to complex machine tools and plant equipment. Performs a high degree of problem identification and troubleshooting assignments under minimal supervision. Directs and trains lower classified maintenance employees. Participates effectively in a team environment.
· Lays out, installs and repairs all complex electrical controls (relays, switch gears, motor starts, etc) including high voltage lines and equipment.
· Repairs, maintains, replaces, installs and tests a variety of equipment that may include the following systems: electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment; mechanical systems, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, facility maintenance and welding.
· Performs a high degree of problem identification and troubleshooting assignments.
· Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause and makes necessary adjustments.
· Operates electrical hand tools and voltage or ampere measuring devices.
· Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts. Strong mechanical and electrical blueprint reading skills are required.
· Working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in this manufacturing environment.
· Responsible for assigned area in absence of the Maintenance Mechanic I.
· Must be able to complete job duties at an acceptable level with minimal supervision.
· Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
· Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
· Other duties as required.
Proficiency in three, including electrical, and a general knowledge of the remaining fields as a minimum requirement: mechanical, electrical, pneumatics/hydraulics, electronic, facility maintenance and welding. Proficiency is defined to mean: requires minimal supervision, displays quality workmanship, completes assignments in prescribed time frame, follows safety principles, properly selects and utilizes tools and materials and maintains levels of satisfactory housekeeping.
Requires a high school diploma/GED and three (3) years previous on-the-job maintenance experience, preferably one of those years will be at the Maintenance Mechanic III classification. On the job maintenance experience means that hands on experience has been obtained in a manufacturing environment similar to the Largo operation. Completion of formal industrial electrical trade education is required.
Ability to organize work and meet deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
|Johnson Controls, Inc|
State or Province