GetWellNetwork, Inc., a fast-growing Interactive Patient Care solutions company based in Bethesda, MD is seeking a creative and enthusiastic product designer to drive the design of a new product line – GetWell@Home. GetWell@Home will provide patients personalized access to relevant health information across multiple devices over the World Wide Web as well as over the cable television infrastructure.
As part of the GetWell@Home team you will engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market this innovative new product line. Your core responsibility will be to build compelling and elegant user experiences (UE) that create stickiness and loyalty and motivate users to come back. UE will include the holistic experience -- UI, content, features as well as specific interactions. Role will require being in front of customers, capturing feedback, running usability studies, focus groups etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Understand and analyze user needs.
· Research markets and competitors.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define requirements via empirical data, usability studies, market research, and proven user centered design principles.
· Create personas and workflow libraries to represent end-users and the context in which they will interact with GetWell@Home.
· Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
· Present product design work to the product team, and GetWell executives for review and feedback;
· Leverage third party content partners as part of the overall solution in delivering a holistic user experience.
· Work with engineers to translate the desired product user experience into the reality of the product; build and launch new products and features.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· In-depth knowledge of user interface design principles, human factors, user-centered design processes and interaction design guidelines.
· Command of common design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator) & knowledge of web standards such as HTML and CSS. Ability to prototype in HTML, CSS, or Flash highly desired.
· Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
· Passion for learning more and becoming proficient with emerging technologies and conceptualizing their potential role in delivery of GetWell@Home user experience.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Be able to work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative and unique solutions are desired.
Credentials & Experience:
· 2+ years of experience working with consumer websites in the area of user experience and software interaction design.
· Interdisciplinary educational background with majors in Human Computer Interaction, Design or Technology.
· Experience designing for mobile technologies (touch, voice, camera, SMS, etc.) and/or experience designing for games or immersive experiences will be a plus.
Apply Via Email
Please submit portfolios and resumes to: email@example.com
Please keep emails under 19MB.
State or Province