|Description 1st and 2nd shift positions available
*1st shift and 2nd shift schedule- 10 hr shift/4 days per week with Saturday rotation included.
Work in lock step with packaging production management and supervisors and the Master Scheduler to ensure Work Order kits are complete, correct, and prepared according to the Production Schedule. Position responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to functions pertaining to process accuracy, quality, and timeliness of transactions involving inventory. This role supervises and directs the activities of kitting and material handling personnel, and the scheduling of work order kit preparation in compliance with established work instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that work order kits are prepared in advance to ensure the Production Schedule is met.
• Expedite requests for additional materials from Packaging Production ensuring accuracy and completeness of the Work Order Pick List (DHR).
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Kitting Department and ensure that personnel issue materials correctly based on Work Order Pick List requirements to maintain continuous production flow.
• Ensure compliance to Kitting Department work instructions to maintain correct part inventories and accurate DHR documentation. Maintain and/or implement programs, policies, and procedures to support AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
• Responsible for evaluating Kitting Department staff and completing annual performance reviews, as well as, taking disciplinary measures as needed. Documents team member performance and attendance on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with Receiving/Shipping department regarding the transfer of inventory from one location to another ensuring accuracy of the location, accuracy of the quantity of materials received, and expediting resolution of shortages.
• Maintain assigned inventories as required.
• Track inventory from multiple locations against the upcoming Production Schedule ensuring parts are ordered in advance from in-house stores/replenishment centers as required to fulfill production needs.
• Maintain and distribute daily shortage report.
• Inform the Kitting Lead, Production Supervisor, and Master Scheduler of any incomplete documentation or missing components associated with pending work orders. Assists in the resolution of discrepancies.
• Investigate and resolves receipt discrepancies in the stockroom and kitted work orders.
• Maintain accurate records of activities/metrics and prepare reports for management.
• Communicate issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or other potential loss to the company or its associates.
• Monitor data input of transactions for accuracy and completeness.
• Ability to continually monitor and recommend improvements to Kitting processes, procedures and layout.
• Document and drive best practices and principles in the department
• Performs Safety training for the direct reports in a timely manner. Monitors Kitting area for potential hazards.
Requirements Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business or a Materials related field preferred or a minimum of 3 years direct experience in a FDA regulated industry Minimum of two years of previous manufacturing/materials supervisory experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Knowledge of Windows and Oracle applications (or equivalent) for material issuance and inventory tracking and control.
• The ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and work under time constraints.
• Able to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, using spoken and
• Must have leadership skills and be able to effectively supervise and motivate team members.
• Review and analyze production and inventory reports for opportunities/challenges regarding continuous improvement.
• Insure compliance with all applicable Arthrex policies and procedures.
• Proactively communicate issues and concerns to management.
• Ensure area of operations is monitored and maintained to meet component cleanliness and safety guidelines.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
• Ability to accurately assess/review associate performance and shift performance.
• Must possess the ability to learn company programs such as QAD and Oracle (or equivalent).
• Ability to support fiscal year inventory process.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
• Zebra printing operations, weigh scales, mobile/tethered barcode scanners, label counting machines, bag sealing machines.
State or Province