|Seeking an experienced Optical R&D Engineer for the Rambus Lighting and Display Technology Group. This person will work within the Advanced Development and IP group focusing on the development of forward looking technologies using micro-optic structures and devices and to support intellectual property development in the areas of advanced optical devices and systems for information display, general lighting and illumination, LED applications, solar power applications, etc. The candidate must be creative with a proven track record of innovation, detail oriented, have excellent problem solving and strong analytic skills, have the ability to work on and manage multiple projects, and have excellent communication skills. Minimum of a M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, or related Engineering Field, with 3-5 years of experience in research and development of non-imaging optical systems using micro-optics structures required, proven ability to manage technical projects. Must be able to use optical modeling software (LightTools, etc.), 3D Solid Modeling software (SolidWorks preferred), and skilled in the use of Office /Project Management software (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.). Experience with the mathematics package MathCad is preferred. Experience working with intellectual property is preferred, and a strong desire to work in intellectual property and patent development as a primary role is required.
• Support intellectual property development by participating in the patent drafting and review process and providing optical and micro-optical domain expertise.
• Expand IP in targeted strategic areas through focused innovation.
• Conduct technology and landscapes surveys targeted at next generation application for micro-optics.
• Perform modeling, design, testing and validation to prove out and reduce new optical designs and concepts to practice.
• Research, design and prototype advanced next generation applications of micro-optics structures and devices.
• Perform optical modeling and simulation in support of advanced development projects.
• Assist colleagues in framing and expanding upon ideas and inventions and assist in documenting invention disclosures.
• Support M&A and sponsored research activates.
• Work with R&D to transfer advanced technology to LDT product and process development group.
State or Province