Rexam's Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for directing hourly engineering to accomplish Plant Maintenance programs and business metrics. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
The Purpose of the Job
To supervise and coordinate the activities of the engineering employees to meet/exceed location operating goals/efficiencies in the areas of OEE, Spoilage, Safety, Continuous Improvements, Cost Reduction, and Quality.
• Direct hourly Engineering to accomplish Plant Maintenance programs and business metrics
• Responsible for Washers, Waste Treatment, Environmental, and Engineering as required.
• Involved in Maintenance Planning: CMMS System
• Direct workforce to support manufacturing to meet OEE, Spoilage, Production, and Safety
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily goals.
• Inspect materials, product, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best
• Ensure safe operation of all equipment and train associates as necessary.
• Confer with management for guidance in resolving employee complaints and/or grievances.
• Ensure all Company procedures and policies applicable to your operation are enforced.
• Ensure all production, quality, and maintenance systems are in working order.
• 2-3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
• BSME or BSEE Degree.
• Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics and TPM Systems.
• Lean manufacturing experience: Six -Sigma preferred.
• Strong leadership skills
• Communications and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Office Skills
• SAP preferred
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES:
• The job requires a willingness to take charge, offer direction, opinions, and accept
• The job requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Direct activities of hourly employees in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Coordinate and control production in accordance with approved quality and cost
• Review the application of manufacturing specifications to maintain quality standards
while meeting production schedules.
• Requires an accomplished background supervising employees in a manufacturing
setting with an emphasis on cultivating a team-centered environment and hold
associates accountable for results.
• Understand and follow procedures and work instruction related to this job function.
• Record and maintain records as required.
State or Province