This Underwriter opportunity is with the Hiscox USA Management Liability Underwriting Unit (the Unit) located in Chicago, IL. The focus of this position is:
• Assist in the Unit's ongoing development of its:
o suite of Directors & Officers Liability (D&O), Employment Practices Liability (EPLI), Fiduciary Liability (FLI) and Employed Lawyers Liability (ELAW) product offerings to Private Companies, Not-For-Profit Organizations and Public Entities;
o broker distribution and commission strategy; and
o underwriting standards, rating manuals, risk models and form filing preparations.
• Develop proficiency in general insurance theories and practices as well as the specific underwriting strategies for the Unit;
• Develop an expertise in analyzing customer needs;
• Contribute to the financial performance of the Unit throughout the training period by assisting in the negotiating of price, coverage and terms for new business and renewals;
• Analyze exposures, determining whether the risk meets underwriting criteria, proposing terms and pricing, and ensuring proper documentation;
• Build relationships with brokers and engage in marketing efforts;
• Collaborate with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, and home office product management; and
• Consistently meet service standards.
• B.A./B.S degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related degree; applicants must display high academic achievement in their education.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to negotiate
• Strong financial analysis skills, analytical, and mathematical skills
• Team experience, internship, and/or practical work experience
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Outlook and Internet applications
State or Province