|Dynomax, Inc., a fast-growing manufacturer is looking for a Manufacturing Cost Estimator! We are a leading precision machining, molding, components & spindle manufacturing company serving the aerospace, defense, energy, and medical industries since 1986.
· 1535 Abbott Drive. Wheeling, IL 60090
Description of position:
· Review aircraft component drawings, visualize the product detail, understanding the manufacturing methods and steps required to produce the item, and estimating the appropriate time required to prepare and perform each process.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Utilize aircraft component manufacturing experience to review drawing requirements and identify special requirements or possible manufacturing concerns. Determine if the item fits within the company’s manufacturing capabilities and product scope.
· Review historical data / databases to look for possible advantages/disadvantages in order to begin preparing a bid strategy suggestion.
· Identify specialized processes to be performed by an outside vendor and prepare drawings, specifications, and sufficient instructions for RFQ to be generated.
· Utilize JOB PACK / EPICOR quoting module and other estimating tools to calculate material, manufacturing time/cost, and prepare final proposals for review/submission.
· Review awards for high lead-time items, possible strategic over runs, and other various considerations including collaborative discussions with programming and engineering before releasing order for production planning and subsequent purchasing of materials.
· Review lost bids for possible errors, suspected competitor deviations, surplus awards, and legitimacy of successful offer.
· Perform reviews of the estimating process and provide suggestions for improvements that may be beneficial to the continued growth of the company.
· Work collaboratively with other departments to provide and/or request assistance as needed.
· Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Engages in effective teamwork, and displays strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Works with integrity and ethical business practices.
· Thorough in completing tasks and focused on quality output.
· Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Familiarity with aircraft terminology, processes, and quality requirements
· Must be well versed in set-up processes, machine run and load time estimating for numerous manufacturing methods and equipment including vertical 3, 4, 5 axis CNC milling, horizontal 4-5 axis milling, turning 2-3 axis CNC with live tooling, forming, riveting, press brakes, waterjet, and various assembly processes.
· Ability to interpret and understand complex aircraft industry drawings, terminology, and process sheets.
· Working knowledge of CAD and machine programming is also required.
· Demonstrated ability to review 2D drawings, visualize the product in detail, estimate time required to prepare and perform each process.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a machine shop environment.
· Desirable to have a minimum of 5 years experience in the aerospace machining industry.
· Extensive manufacturing process experience in a machine shop environment.
· Previous hands-on machining experience is desired.
· Prefer experience with the following materials and forms: aluminum, steel, stainless, plastics, castings, forgings, bar, plate, sheet, and extruded shapes.
· BA in Industrial Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
· Ability to work behind a work desk for a 2-6 hour duration for a minimum of 4 hours a day
· Ability to walk for a 1hour duration, 2 hours a day
· Ability to stand on your feet for a 1 hour duration, 2 -3 hours a day
· Ability to perform a repetitive motion with 1 hand for a 1-2 hour duration, 4 hours a day
· Ability to perform fine manipulation with one hand for a 1-2 hour duration, 2-4 hours a day
· Ability to reach above and below shoulder height
· Ability to lift 25lbs
Dynomax, Inc. strives to provide a friendly, clean, and encouraging workplace. Our benefits include competitive wages, paid holidays and vacation, medical, dental, life and disability insurance coverage, flexible spending account, and 401 (k).
State or Province