Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical
Area of Interest: Engineering/R&D
Career Level: Entry Level
Description of duties and responsibilities:
This fast-paced, hands-on, electrical engineering position manages projects and provides technical support for manufacturing process development, controls, startup, and continuous improvement. This position reports to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Management of electrical control equipment programs for new and existing products, including cost estimation, justification, design, development, implementation, and validation.
· Machine control and test device specification, design review, and commissioning.
· Technical problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Leadership in safety and ergonomics.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of:
o Manufacturing processes and electrical equipment such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), electro-mechanical controls, motor controllers, conveyance, etc.
o Technical and electrical problem solving.
o Testing and measurement techniques and procedures.
o Lean Manufacturing.
o Safety and Ergonomic principles and regulations.
· Proven ability to:
o Manage multiple projects, goals, and deadlines simultaneously.
o Lead and proactively participate in cross-functional teams.
o Collect data to justify spending on capital and tooling projects.
o Communicate and gain consensus within all levels of the organization
Education and experience required:
· Bachelors degree in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
· This position is available at three different career levels based upon experience, education, etc:
Advanced degree or PE
MSA Safety Company
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.