Rexam's Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for leading, developing and engaging production employees to accomplish Crew/Plant objectives. The Manufacturing Supervisor is also responsible for results for all aspects of the crew operation including but not limited to the items listed in the purpose of the job.
The Purpose of the Job
To supervise and coordinate the activities of the production crew member to meet/exceed location operating goals/efficiencies in the areas of OEE, Spoilage, Safety, Continuous Improvements, Cost Reduction, and Quality.
• Direct workforce to accomplish goals for key metrics: OEE, Spoilage, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Cost Reduction, and Quality.
• Analyze performance trends and take corrective action to meet goals.
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of associates engaged in the production and processing
of can/end production.
• Confer with other supervisors/managers to coordinate operations and activities.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily goals.
• Inspect materials, product, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best
• Ensure safe operation of all equipment and train associates as necessary.
• Ensure all associates adhere to production and processing standards.
• Confer with management for guidance in resolving employee complaints and/or grievances.
• Ensure all Company procedures and policies applicable to your operation are enforced.
• Ensure all production, quality, and maintenance systems are in working order.
• 5 years of manufacturing supervisory experience
• H.S. and Supervisory Experience or B.S. Degree.
• Lean manufacturing experience: Six -Sigma preferred.
• Strong leadership skills
• Communications and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Office Skills
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES:
• The job requires a willingness to take charge, offer direction, opinions, and accept feedback.
• The job requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Direct activities of hourly employees in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Coordinate and control production in accordance with approved quality and cost standards.
• Review the application of manufacturing specifications to maintain quality standards while
meeting production schedules.
• Requires an accomplished background supervising employees in a manufacturing setting with
an emphasis on cultivating a team-centered environment and hold associates accountable for
• Understand and follow procedures and work instruction related to this job function.
• Record and maintain records as required.
State or Province