This position will develop solutions to issues associated with bearing manufacturing or steel processing. Technical knowledge of material science will be used to improve bearing products, solve technical problems and develop new products and processes. This position will also work closely with internal plants, customers and suppliers concerning any issue of performance or material properties.
· Coordinate projects to solve problems related to bearing material properties, steel cleanliness or heat treatment issues.
· Analyze data and develop a plan to determine the optimum solution or recommended actions.
· Analyze and recommend solutions or test programs for customer or supplier issues.
· Works as an advisor and professional staff with other associates to assist with problemsin the specialty area.
· Develops new or improved products or process to improve profitability or higher performance.
· Plans major continuous improvement or product development projects crossing multiple business units including world bearing businesses and steel suppliers
· Critical thinking skills and advanced data analysis.
· Proficient in advanced problem solving.
· Technical writing skills.
· Initiative in proposing project activities within assigned area of responsibility.
· Computer proficiency
· Demonstrated proficiency with metallurgical laboratory equipment
· Good listener
· Ability to work on a team
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Masters of Science in Metallurgy or Materials Science
5+ years experience in industrial production areas and or laboratory evaluation of material properties is essential to success. Detailed knowledge of specialized metallurgical laboratory test equipment will be beneficial. Knowledge of heat treatment, steel production, and metal forming processes is required as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Project management for large multi-discipline projects is necessary.
· Very Competitive Salary
· Insurance (Health, dental, vision, disability & life)
· Paid Holidays/Vacation
· 401K/Retirement Benefits
· Tuition Reimbursement
|KOYO BEARINGS USA LLC|
State or Province