|Job ID 5227
Job Number 017885
Location US - Shady Grove, PA
Facility Grove U.S.L.L.C.
Employment Type Regular/Full-Time
Education Required Bachelors Degree
Experience Required 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided Yes
General Job Objective
Manitowoc Cranes, a global leader in lifting solutions is seeking an experienced Materials Engineer with a welding and structural analysis background to join its team. Key responsibilities of this position include: independently carry out moderately complex projects from start to finish. Must be a fully competent engineer to plan, direct, coordinate and control the engineering effort directly related to the assigned area of responsibility or special assignment. In addition, assist Manager in coordinating and controlling group activities as required. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this position is based in Shady Grove, PA.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support and leadership in area(s) of assigned responsibility including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, aesthetics and testing
- Maintain an existing library of material specifications and work with the Product Verification Center to create new ones based on New Product Development requirements.
- Review New Product Development designs and make recommendations for most appropriate material application based on design objectives such as weldability, cost and weight. Review weld design practices and consult on structural analysis.
- Assist Quality Department with performing supplier audits of new or existing steel, casting and forging suppliers.
- Assist Quality and Purchasing Departments for review of raw material deviations and most appropriate material substitutions.
- Work with Product Verification Center to perform forensic and structural analysis of steel welded structures, castings and forgings using both destructive and nondestructive test methods.
- Coordinate with internal and external test labs capable of testing raw material or finished product.
including internal or external contractors.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Bachelorís degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a steel related background, including weld analysis and testing required.
- Experience with other metals, metal alloys and polymers a plus.
- Strong understanding of steel chemistry and demonstrated ability to properly disposition materials that do not specifically conform to internal standards.
- Extensive experience with Spectrum analyzers, Charpy testing, Ultrasonic testing, Magnetic particle testing, and other common materials testing methods both destructive and nondestructive.
- Extensive experience in weld design practices.
- Familiarity with structural design methods for steel welded structures.
- Experience in a steel mill setting OR demonstrated familiarity with contemporary steel mill processes.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills are required.
- Must be a hands on individual.
The Manitowoc Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. EEO Statement
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Job Segments: Engineer, Engineering, Facilities, Manufacturing, Materials Engineer, Operations, Product Development, Research, Structural Engineer, Technical Support, Technology, Welding
State or Province