This position is responsible for performing routine bearing component metallurgical checks in coordination with a metallurgist or principal investigator. The metallurgical checks are structured around bearing standards and provide valuable information to the business for the purpose of testing process changes, driving continuous improvement, product acceptance, and design changes. This position also performs daily clerical and data entry duties required by the laboratory.
· The preparation of metallographic samples and evaluation of resulting microstructures,
· Understands and controls all aspects of the technical photography equipment and procedures used within the laboratory.
· Performs mechanical testing as required by plants or engineering for production release tests or for internal investigations. The mechanical testing includes hardness testing, tensile testing of metals or other materials as needed.
· Collecting and recording of data. This may include spreadsheet design, accurate data entry and web posting.
· Written documentation which includes the preparation of investigation reports.
· Technical writing skills.
· Computer proficiency
· Demonstrated proficiency with metallurgical laboratory equipment
· Initiative in proposing project activities within assigned area of responsibility
· Good listener
· Ability to work on a team
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma plus 7-10years of experience or
· A/S in Quality, Metallurgy, or Metallography
· Very Competitive Salary
· Insurance (Health, dental, vision, disability & life)
· Paid Holidays/Vacation
· 401K/Retirement Benefits
· Tuition Reimbursement
|KOYO BEARINGS USA LLC|
State or Province