The Metallurgical Engineer will apply metallurgical knowledge to support Kondex’s manufacturing processes, investigate and identify root causes to quality related issues, and support the new product development process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Verification of manufacturing processes to ensure that products meet metallurgical requirements.
2. Preparation and analysis of metallurgical samples related to product failure and new product development.
3. Perform metallurgical investigations and control tests on materials in process based on customer needs.
4. Investigate and analyze quality issues related to metallurgy and heat treat processes.
? Managing multiple projects and manufacturing deadlines.
? Addressing quality related issues in an expedited fashion.
? Primary internal customers: Engineering, Quality, Materials, Team Leaders
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
? Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. (Mechanical Engineering graduates must have a Materials minor or 1-2 years of materials experience.)
? Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
? Background or experience in ferrous metallurgy including heat treating, casting, and/or wrought material processes.
? Basic knowledge of material testing techniques (tensile, impact, hardness, etc.).
? Basic knowledge of metallographic techniques.
Highly Desired Behavioral Competencies:
1. Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment. Isolates causes from symptoms, and compiles information and alternatives to illuminate problems or issues. Involves others as appropriate and gathers information from a variety of sources. Finds a balance between studying the problem and solving it.
Readily commits to action and makes decisions that reflect sound judgment.
2. Writing Skills – writes clearly and concisely, composing informative and convincing memos, e-mails, letters, reports, and other documents.
3. Team Player – is team oriented. Responds to requests from other parts of the organization. Identifies with the larger organizational team and their role within it.
State or Province