The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager for the Eastern MA.
- Will manage CL Middle Market Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants/Technicians for the Territory.
- Responsible for all commercial lines underwriting functions in a field office and for coordination with all other departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement strategies for commercial lines based on current trends, underwriting results, opportunities and directives
- Establish and implement sound underwriting guidelines and pricing programs consistent with company policy and goals.
- Perform normal management responsibilities.
- Participate in the development of branch strategy and business plans
- - Monitor performance of Commercial Lines staff in achieving established goals.
Secondary Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide underwriting guidance and counsel in complex situations.
- Interact with agents on commercial plans, results and concerns
Manage Commercial Lines Middle Market Underwriters and Underwriting Technicians for territory.
Knowledge and Skills Required :
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years experience in Commercial Lines Underwriting.
- Prior supervisory/management experience commensurate with premium volume and size of staff
- CPCU designation desirable.
- Strong communications, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Sound technical knowledge of Commercial Lines coverages, risk selection methods and pricing.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle
- - Ability to use office equipment such as CRT, telephone and calculator.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous ""Time Off With Pay""
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the United States.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed ""Employment Agency Agreement"" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management>
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segments: Insurance, Management, Manager, Underwriter
|Hanover Insurance Co|
State or Province