Summit Polymers, Inc. specializes in the design, manufacture and feature-based assembly of injection molded, automotive interior trim products. Highly skilled employees from line workers to engineers are committed to delivering a quality product, on time, at a competitive price. From large parts to small, we offer machine capability and secondary expertise that allow our customers to utilize Summit as a total product management resource from design to delivery.
This position is a staff level position that is responsible for management of the Molding Department, reporting to the Manufacturing Manager. The position is responsible for all aspects of safety, quality, cost, and delivery associated with the Molding Department.
Molding Department Management Responsibilities:
· Ensure employee and equipment safety through training and enforcing safe work practices.
· Manage personnel, including supervisors, mold technicians, and molding utilities.
· Train molding personnel in various positions.
· Participate in interviews and hiring of molding personnel.
· Assure molded product meets quality standards.
· Assure molding production requirements are met,
· Assure molding production is accurately reported.
· Implement and adhere to Summit's Lean Manufacturing Systems.
· Plan monthly production through development of equipment loading sheets, material handling system loading, and staffing needs.
· Implement and adhere to Summit's corporate molding room standards.
· Achieve department goals on performance metrics - including safety, quality, cost, and delivery metrics.
· Lead and participate in corrective actions - including safety, quality, cost, and delivery issues.
· Implement cost reduction activities - including scrap/waste reduction and efficiency optimization.
· Support Summit Polymers new program development (KBPD).
· Manage transition of new molds/products into production.
· Maintain compliance to TS16949 and internal quality system procedures.
· Coordinate and communicate with other plant departments and functions other projects and duties as assigned.
Summit offers a very competitive wage and benefit package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, plus 401(k), profit sharing, flexible spending, and relocation assistance. Excellent working conditions and opportunity for advancement. Must provide salary expectations to be considered.
Combination experience and relevant education. 5 to 8 years management experience in plastic injection molding. Summit is unable to sponsor any additional work Visas at this time.
|Summit Polymers Inc.|
State or Province