Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
SUMMARY: Key player to implement strategic and tactical operational initiatives. Effectively manages operations and processes associated with production activities (i.e., supports business from initial submission through policy issuance and accounting for the policy life cycle). Sets and monitors performance standards. Collaborates with underwriting and internal support staff to identify training needs, assess quality/performance standards for the account support/services staff and ensure priorities are responsive to achieving business goals. Assures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus. Span of Control Guideline: - Direct Reports: Optimal 12 - 20 - Offices: Optimal 1-3 - BUs: Optimal 1-2 Develops strategic and implements tactical policy workflow and performance standards development / implementation.
* Parcipate in the implementation of long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve policy service objectives. ¿Implement and participate in the development of tactical business planning and monitoring decisions/activities designed to support underwriting decisions which are consistent with achieving business goals.
* Participate in the implementation of operational and policy service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards. Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies, etc.
* Manage account support activities to meet production goals; assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide management information as necessary; and utilize all available resources in a cost effective manner.
* Reconcile financial and operational results to ensure all information is correct (i.e. overdue, hit ratio, skip list, etc.) Take corrective action as necessary. Provide management information reports.
* Act in a collaborative capacity with service, billing, HO, etc. to resolve problems/issues quickly. Establish priorities and make workflow decisions. Assure that our contractual commitments are met.
* Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems.
* Resolve operation matters resulting in bottleneck situations to assure business results are not negatively affected by operational problems.
* Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships through on-going dialogue with UW Management, Underwriters & agents/brokers. Meet with them to assess operations performance and identify/resolve issues/problems.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g., Claim, Operations, etc.) to coordinate the delivery of all related services to clients.
* Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
* Participate in major projects as assigned.
* Develop, coach and mentor staff.
* Lead region level projects.
* Perform all necessary staff management functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
EDUCATION/COURSE OF STUDY: College degree preferred in related field, such as Business, Finance or Insurance.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience related to P&C Insurance.
* Management of staff.
* Solid understanding of Property-Casualty products and services.
* Solid understanding of underwriting and marketing functions and environments.
* Systems / Technical background.
* Demonstrated communication, problem solving, decision making and customer focus skills.
* Clearly articulates even the most complex concepts so others understand.
* Influences others without using formal authority.
* Is open to being influenced to explore new possibilities.
* Adjusts own style according to the demands of the situation.
* Shares information internally and maintains confidentiality.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office
* Executes Business Strategy
* Leads Change
* Drives Results
* Promotes Enterprise Culture
* Attracts Top Talent
* Maximizes Individual and Organizational Performance
* Holds Others Accountable
* Aligns Rewards
* Creates and Sustains A Dynamic Workplace
* Exhibits Courage, Convictions, and Credibility
* Communicates Effectively and Influences Others
* Applies Critical Thinking
* Demonstrates Self-Awareness Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
State or Province