|Job Number: (117819-02)
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
UTAS - ISR Systems in Princeton is looking for a highly motivated Lead optical designer for SWIR lens assemblies .
This senior level position is responsible for designing, modeling, analyzing, and testing optical and electro-optical systems and components.
At this level the incumbent applies intensive and diversified knowledge of optical principles and practices in broad areas of engineering assignments. He/she exercises considerable latitude in leading and coordinating the operation of engineering projects as well as determining technical objectives and assignments.
- Optical modeling and optical design. Design of SWIR optical assemblies for InGaAs camera systems.
- Design optical solutions for laser illuminator products and surveillance gimbals.
- Design of optical concepts and products for fusing SWIR and LWIR sensors.
4 Year Degree in Engineering / Optical or Physics is Required.
Masters or Ph.D. Degree preferred. -
- Minimum of 6 - 10 years experience in optical design.
- Experience with optical design software (ex. Zemax or equivalent).
- Optical design experience for InGaAs cameras desired.
- Optical design experience in the 0.4 to 1.7 micron range desired.
- Zoom lens design experience desired
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
|UTC Aerospace Systems|
State or Province