The Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate (SDS) is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our product development team in Waterbury, Vermont. In addition to a solid working knowledge of snowboarding and snowboard equipment, exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills are required.
As a Product Manager at the SDS you will be a key member of the boot design and development team sharing responsibilities from brainstorming initial design concepts through development prototyping, coordinating testing and documenting feedback, production tooling initiation and approval, qualification testing, final product sign-off to production planning and quality assurance.
Working with multiple elements within the SDS you will be responsible for building consensus and ensuring that the products brought to market are innovative, snowboarding relevant, on strategy and timely.
Significant domestic and international travel required.
Responsibilities to include:
- Product line strategy development
o Identifying Key price points and Key Features
o Driving the design objectives of the boot category
- Development and Management of overall development timeline for boot program
o Keeping in-house team, vendors and sub-contractors all on development timeline
o Management of factories, designers and developers to timeline
- Daily communication with supervisor, other members of development team, vendors and sub contractors
- Management and understanding of costing sheets, pricing, import/export, etc
- Ensuring timely delivery of sample and production boots
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Engineering, or relevant footwear Development or Management experience.
- 3-5 years experience in footwear, consumer product design, development and/or Product Management – ideally footwear design and/or development
- Experience with Asian manufacturing essential.
- Solid level of competency in Illustrator, Photoshop, etc, needed. (3D design / Solid modeling experience a plus)
- Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Excellent communication skills
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
If you fit this description and want to be part of the Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate please submit your resume through Malakye.com or via email to: email@example.com (include Product Manager Boots in subject line) or fax to (802) 244-4023.
State or Province