Join a leader in Pipeline Inspection! If you want to work outside, work in small teams, have a great salary potential and you have some NDE training/experience, then we want to talk to you!
SGS PfiNDE has numerous immediate openings, at various levels, in multiple states for NDE Pipeline Technicians. SGS PfiNDE is a leader in Pipeline Integrity inspections and has recently been acquired by SGS, a global 67,000 employee company that is the leading independent testing, inspection and certification company.
These openings include Junior Technician, Technician and Senior Technician roles depending upon training and experience. Compensation is based on demonstrated NDE skills.
Perform NDE (UT and MT) on transmission pipelines. May include examinations, documentation, reporting and dissemination of inspection reports to the customer
- Perform UT, MT and VT inspections as required
- Collect and process data created by the inspections, in accordance with the customers’ procedures and requirements.
- Depending upon job level, assist the Senior Technician with the training of technicians.
- Depending upon job level, the candidate may be responsible for the supervision of Jr. Technicians.
- Interface with customer field representatives pertaining to inspection results and repair recommendations.
- Senior Technicians are responsible for the oversight of multiple technicians or crews
- Documented ASNT-TC-1A classroom training in UT & MT required
- Willingness to commit to long term travel. Minimal downtime.
- Ability to perform NDE at remote jobsites. .
- Clean Driving Record
- Able to pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen, and random testing thereafter.
- Able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Work is labor intensive. Work is all outdoors, year round
- Computer literacy; and experience with Excel, Outlook, Adobe preferable.
- Previous Pipeline Rehab experience preferred.
- CWI and NACE certifications a plus
- Advanced UT training and experience strongly desired
- Must be able to travel to off site location for extended periods of time
- Business and profit minded
- Team player and self-motivated
- Able to translate specific customers requirements into a package of pragmatic service delivery
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Able to operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pipeline Integrity, MT, Magnetic Particle Testing, UT, Ultrasonic Testing, CWI, certified Welding Inspector, AUT, Automated Ultrasonic testing
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segments: Healthcare, Inspector, Manufacturing, Quality, Rehabilitation, Welding, Welding Inspector
|SGS North America Inc.|
State or Province