|Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the oil, gas & chemical, power, mining and manufacturing industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
Keeping with the Fluor tradition as a worldwide leader in engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance, Plant Engineering Services LLC seeks individuals who share our commitment to engineering excellence.
This position is for an on-site Electrical Controls Engineer at the Kellogg’s facility in Memphis, TN. This individual will be responsible for basic electrical engineering with an emphasis on process control systems and for support of multiple projects at the Kellogg facility, supporting both Plant Engineering Services (PES) managed projects and/or local Kellogg personnel.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly with the client’s organization, while in parallel representing the business interests of Plant Engineering Services (PES).
This individual will be expected to work closely with the on-site PES Team Leader to assist in identifying PES resource needs (staffing up or down) based on the client’s project volume and mix.
As part of project execution strategies, it is the expectation this individual will make every effort
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Engineering support with an emphasis on Process Control Systems.
2. Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
3. Assures system and product quality by defining acceptance testing requirements.
4. Prepares project reports at the request of Project Managers by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
5. Experience in start-up and commissioning of automated machinery.
6. Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside engineering support.
7. Follow client specific project requirements.
8. Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions (pros and cons) are considered to address client project goals.
9. Assure that issues and concerns are addressed in a timely, open and honest manner.
10. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
11. Assists in the development (mentoring) of less experienced PES resources on site.
12. Promote PES capabilities within the client’s organization.
13. Provides regular updates to Project Managers through regular and clear communications.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
15. Contributes to the overall team effort (PES and Kellogg) by delivering promised results.
16. Be willing to accept other (reasonable) client defined duties not covered in this job description.
Basic Job Requirements 1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university; or
an Associate degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering Technology with extensive field experience in a closely related industry may be considered.
2. Must have a minimum of 5 – 10 years of controls and electrical systems experience as a Project
Engineer or discipline engineer in process industries.
3. Control System design including electrical schematics, control panel layouts, BOMs, test plans,
4. Experience interfacing control systems with the following equipment is strongly recommended;
• Servo and motion controls
• Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
• Photo, proximity, temperature, pressure and differential pressure sensors
• Mass flow and mag flow meters, micro-motion and dew point sensors
• Scale systems, cartoners, packers, baggers
5. Must have 5 years experience with programming, operating and trouble-shooting specific Allen-
Bradley systems and components. (experience is not expected with all systems identified but the
candidate must be willing to learn as needed);
• PLC5 / SLC-500 / Contollogix
• RSLogix 5 / 500 / 5000
• Factory Talk
6. Experience with plant production processes for bulk unloading systems, grain, flour, liquid batch processing, steam pressure cooking, drying, milling sugar coating, extruding, pellet puffing process, pneumatic and belt conveying, food distribution for packing, packing equipment and case handling and unitization will be viewed as strong pluses.
7. Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD. A working knowledge of AutoDesk Revit MEP,
AutoPipe is a plus, but not a requirement.
8. Must have a working knowledge of federal, state and local codes as applied to electro-mechanical
9. Must have a working knowledge of project management principles (schedule, cost, etc.) and
common planning tools such as Microsoft Project or Primivera.
Other Job Requirements 1. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
2. Must have good verbal and written communications skills and be able to present ideas effectively to clients and management.
3. Must be a self-starter and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
4. Must be able to function effectively in a small team environment where the success of the team takes precedence over individual accomplishments.
5. The candidate must be local to Memphis metropolitan area.
6. The candidate should view this as a long-term opportunity. However, no guarantees can be given regarding the duration of the assignment.
Preferred Qualifications 1. A Professional Engineering license is not required but is a plus.
2. Experience with Wonderware is encouraged.
|Fluor-Plant Engineering Services LLC|
State or Province