Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Principal Engineer, Mechanical
EMCORE offers a broad portfolio of compound semiconductor-based products for the telecom, CATV, satellite communications, video transport, defense & homeland security and solar power markets. Our two primary operating segments are Fiber Optics and Solar Photovoltaics. EMCORE Fiber Optics provides optical components, subsystems and systems that enable the transmission of video, voice, and data over high-capacity fiber optic links. EMCORE Solar Photovoltaics provides products based on its high-efficiency Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) solar cells for both space and terrestrial solar power applications.
EMCORE Corporations Fiber Division has an immediate need for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to assist on a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Applies mechanical engineering principles and concepts in the design, modeling, test and system integration of micro-optical devices such as tunable laser and optical transponder products.
• Design and analysis of opto-mechanical components and optical devices to meet the sub-micron level alignment requirement.
• Bring product from concept phase, prototype, DVT, qualification, pilot run, up to mass production.
• Evaluate and select opto-mechanical components, work closely with cross functional team and vendors to package optics in reliable, manufacturable, low cost and high yield modules.
• Interact with PLM/Marketing and customer to understand their specification and requirement, review PRD/PRQ.
• Complete technical documents, including design specification, test report, BOM, work instruction and etc.
• BS/MS in mechanical engineering.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
• Extensive experience in mechanical design and development.
• 5+ years of experience with design tools such as SolidWorks, preferably working on optical component and system design
• Proficient with FEA analysis with ANSYS or other packages. Past experience with thermal, structural, thermal-electrical analysis.
• At least 5 years of experience in optical components/assembly packaging of micro-optical system/subsystem. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment is required.
• A deep understanding of reliability issues for passive optical components is desired
• Past experience with optical design simulation with ZEMAX is not required but is a plus.
• Key contributor that successfully bring opto-mechanical packaging from concept phase to shipped products is strongly preferred
• Experience in the design of fixtures and tooling required for the assembly of micro-optics packages and modules is preferred
• Experience in optical communication and active optical components such as laser diode is preferred.
EMCORE Corporation offers a broad portfolio of compound semiconductor-based products for the telecommunications, broadband, defense & homeland security, satellite and solar power markets. EMCORE continually strives to be a world-class leader in all of our businesses by driving growth, increasing profitability through innovation and customer satisfaction, and by attracting and retaining top global talent.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.