Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, Zimmer designs, develops, manufactures and markets orthopaedic reconstructive, spinal and trauma devices, dental implants, and related surgical products.
# Zimmer has operations in more than 25 countries around the world and sells products in more than 100 countries.
# Zimmer#s 2008 sales were approximately $4.1 billion.
# The Company is supported by the efforts of approximately 8,500 employees worldwide.
Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support manufacturing operations and timely new product introductions. Engineering services include process development, CVD process support, and tool design.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Works independently on the following:
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision
- Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, forging, casting, and molding
- Identifying a variety of options and quickly choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities
Expected Areas of Competence (KSA's)
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing.
- Working knowledge in control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Material Review Board (MRB), Operating Specifications and PM programs.
- Working knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrates ownership of and ability to manage project assignments with a broad scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering, or other engineering science or equivalent work experience; 3-5 years of manufacturing process development experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills; proficient in process development, Computer Aided Design Systems,
|Zimmer Trabecular Metal Tech|
State or Province