|Discipline Process Engineering
Dynacast, a leader in precision die casting, has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer in our Aluminum department. Candidate should be familiar with Toshiba 250 and 350 ton die casting machines. Excellent communication and organizational skills is a must. We offer competitive benefits with matching 401(k).
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Develops and test machinery and equipment in coordination with the production/engineering staff by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reviews production process to ascertain compliance to the set parameters (instructions). Set up die, lay down parameters of production. Continually examine the parameters to ascertain compliance with schedule.
• Advise and work with engineering department on suggestions for tooling design, especially during the advanced quality planning process. (AQP).
• Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
• Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
• Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method. May recommend methods improvement for worker efficiency, reducing waste, utilities utilization, etc.
• Must have knowledge and use tools such as PQ^2, NADCA theories and formulas, spreadsheets and die cast process monitor to analyze dies cast job performance.
• Perform statistical studies to develop process control tools (control charts, control limits, etc.) for critical job parameters.
• Analyze scrap and determine reason or root cause of problem.
• Document all die cast process changes for jobs in charge of.
• Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
• Interaction with all support departments.
|Dynacast International, Inc|
State or Province