Responsible for manufacturing process improvement. Plan, organize, lead and perform activities to define the production process to be used and to support process changes designed to improve safety, quality, and manufacturing efficiency throughout the manufacturing area employing the tools of Manufacturing Excellence.
Responsibilities & Duties
Lead and execute process improvement initiatives including improved process methods and practices to improve operating performance.
Manage and execute engineering change control process within the guidelines of the existing quality system requirements.
Develop competencies in core process technologies and maintain knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes. Constantly search for and evaluate potential breakthrough technology.
Participate with the leadership team of the facility and actively support their decisions.
Support an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture. Ensure that these values and behaviors are a part of everyday life at Plymouth Tube.
Lead problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
· A bachelor degree in engineering or comparable technical degree. BSME preferred. A minimum of five years manufacturing experience is required.
· Must demonstrate the ability to get things done through others.
· Must be self-motivated, have a high sense of urgency, be able to problem solve complex situations, and be resourceful
· Experience in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma techniques is required.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
State or Province