|Job Function Product Engineering
Position Type New College Graduate
Work Location Fremont, California
Essential Functions and Duties
Plasma sensors and control engineer:
1) Improve existing plasma sensors with special emphasis on optical design.
2) Evaluate novel plasma sensing techniques. Implement the sensor integration to Lam etch tools. Develop signal analysis routines and data acquisition routines.
3) Improve and develop existing analysis algorithms for endpoint, fault detection and process control.
4) Investigate other applications of plasma diagnostic techniques for process control, such as absorption spectroscopy, absolute optical emission spectroscopy, reflectometry, ellipsometry, etc…
5) Customer support : help customers to develop sensor based applications, troubleshoot customer sensor problems
6) Create documentation for customers and field service engineers.
Ph.D. (physics, chemistry, engineering or applied optics)
New College Graduate
Basic skills required:
Optical and electrical sensors, plasma diagnostics, process control.
Experience with mathematical modeling and statistical analysis techniques. Matlab, C++,
Experience with optical design is highly desirable (ZEMAX)
Familiar with some of the following techniques: reflectometry, interferometry, spectroscopy, Langmuir probes, Voltage-Intensity probes
Good communication skills (customer contact), liking for teamwork.
State or Province