The Product Engineer is responsible for the day to day engineering support of the pump product line in accordance with corporate standards and departmental goals and objectives. This position interfaces with individuals at all levels in areas such as sales, service, machine shop, purchasing, assembly, testing, quality, order processing and configuration.
• Field, research and provide answers for corporate engineering support
• Read, create and modify 2D/3D drawings, specifications, guides, work instructions, procedures, and manuals; Update electronic and manual media (e.g. configurators, excel, ERP, RAPID, web, binders, drawing vault, guides, brochures, etc.)
• Support assembly and test department; Consultation with sales or order processing on orders; Work with design engineers and project managers as needed in support of product; Participate at quality review meetings and supply disposition on components.
• Maintain state of the art level of competency by attending training courses, seminars, workshops, etc. as required; Participate in industry standards or organizations such as but not limited to Hydraulic Institute (HI), Underwriters Laboratory (UL), or AWWA.
• Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Able to perform design calculations and analyses (e.g. FEA, Torsional and Seismic, etc.); Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals.
• Proficient using CATIA, 3D drafting, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat
• Skilled with Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Excel, Word, etc)
• Excellent verbal and written skills; able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team; A strong work ethic is highly important including multitasking ability.
• Proficient using Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes, ERP Systems, Intranet/Internet Navigation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in Engineering
|Grundfos Pumps Corporation|
State or Province