|Job Description: POSITION DETAILS:
Holds regional authority for assigned line(s) of business. Accountabilities include:
• for the profitability and results of assigned product line(s).
• Accountable for the quality of the business portfolio for the assigned product line(s).
• Accountable for the quality of the underwriting practice, its risk selection and pricing performance.
• Accountable for the cultivation of underwriting expertise in regional underwriting associates.
• Driving profitability:
• Analyze, evaluate and regularly report upon quality of the portfolio
• Develop actionable recommendations for its improvement and/or sustainment
• Contribute profit building elements to the planning process
• Recommend and establish annual pricing objectives
• Oversee the achievement of pricing objectives, profit improvement plans and other loss ratio plan results drivers
• Evaluate and support the pursuit of opportunities for profitable growth
• Hold regional authority and operate as highest level of technical regional referral
• Evaluate individual underwriter competency & recommend delegable authority
• Participate in technical development plans for all underwriting associates
• Conduct and manage Underwriting Self-Audit Process
• Identify or develop and institute Underwriting Best Practices
• Identify underwriter training needs and implement programs as required
• Interface with Home Office through exchange of plan and results analysis
• Participate in Home Office Audits of other regions
• Participate in development & facilitation of Home Office training programs
• Participate in ""external focused"" projects and activities as needed: supports TMs, RUM and RMM as needed to achieve territorial goals
• Minimum ten years' experience underwriting assigned line(s) of business with a major carrier.
• Demonstrably high level of underwriting expertise
• Strong team building and coaching skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong actuarial sensibilities
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft software applications
• Effective interpersonal and communications skills
• Knowledge of QAP process preferred
• College degree or equivalent preferred
• CPCU and continuing education preferred
|Crum & Forster|
State or Province