|To develop, direct, and implement strategies and programs for assigned product families and lead the coordination to business initiatives cross-functionally. Champion new product projects successfully through the development process and execute a comprehensive launch campaign to support rapid market adoption and achieve sales targets.
Job Responsibilities for the Product Manager – Submersible Pumps Role:
· Develop and execute strategic business plan to drive growth in revenue and profitability.
· Develop and implement specific marketing plans consistent with the growth and profitability goals for Submersible Solid Handling pumps (including non-clogs, grinders and primers) as well as complimentary product lines/systems (e.g. configured lift stations)
· Product Line P & L responsibility for all assigned product lines
· Research, test, and launch creative strategies and plans to identify new marketing, business, and product opportunities. Expand the business
· Own all aspects of product management for assigned product lines including Price, Volume, Margin, Portfolio development.
· Direct the planning and development of marketing and product communications materials associated with the product lines
· Lead cross function integration across field sales and marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, product development & engineering.
· Incorporate Vertical Market approach in all aspects of taking product line to markets
· Conduct voice of the customer (VOC) activities to assess market conditions and develop share gain strategies
· Develop training materials for the assigned product line
· Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product families to support internal team, field sales, distributors and end customers as required.
· Work with Marketing Communications to provide collateral support for sales, distribution, specifying engineers and end customers including: launch kits, competitive alerts, sales communications, instruction sheets, etc.
Requirements for the Product Manager – Submersible Pumps Role:
· Experience with motor application and design preferred
· 7+ years experience in Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and/or Manufacturing
· Pump / Motors / Hydraulic experience and/ knowledge
· Prior technical sales experience preferred
· BS or BA degree; Engineering (preferred), Marketing or Business
· MBA preferred.
Other Desirable Characteristics:
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Ability to work with and lead others cross-functionally in the organization.
· Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Able to interpret data and draw conclusions.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Responsive to customer needs.
· Demonstrated ability with fact-based decision making.
Supervision of Others:
· Provides work direction to others in assigned project teams.
Pentair (www.pentair.com) is a global diversified industrial company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Its Water Group is a global leader in providing innovative products and systems used worldwide in the movement, treatment, storage and enjoyment of water. Pentair's Technical Products Group is a leader in the global enclosures and thermal management markets, designing and manufacturing thermal management products and standard, modified, and custom enclosures that protect sensitive electronics and the people who use them. With revenues of about $3 billion, Pentair employs approximately 14,500 people worldwide.
Pentair""?™s Engineered Flow GBU is a global leader in mid-to-large fluid management products and applications. The business delivers a range of products from the world""?™s largest flood control pumps to sophisticated fire and HVAC pumps and products in the municipal, industrial, and commercial markets. Pentair Engineered Flow brands include Myers, Aurora, Hydromatic, Fairbanks Morse, and Delta Environmental.
State or Province