- Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years of work experience in business or technical field
Motorola Solutions Product Managers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing the space of Government and Public Safety, we use our world-class engineering skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on next generation mission critical applications, provide global force and vehicle tracking, and large-scale real time applications that allow local and federal government agents to execute their missions by staying ahead of the bad guys. The PS LTE Product Management team is responsible for transforming Voice of Customer (VOC), market trends, an innovative ideas from concept to implementation.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Product Managers have a penchant for providing solutions by developing products taken from concept and developed into reality. Motorola Solutions is much more than Police and Fire, and our mission has much greater scope. To handle information that can change from one second to the next requires ideas from just about every area of use case definition, feature development, innovation, voice of customer, user experience and human factors.
Product Managers work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved.
• Defining the product based on customer and market input and trend
• Create the strategy for the product line based on customer needs and market trends
• Work with engineering for implementation of the product and supply chain for shipping the product
• Define robust production level applications, and provide user inputs on prototype apps
• Make decisions on our platform direction, systems and networking app infrastructure
• Creation of innovative design and cutting edge development of new features and application interactions
• Own the device experience that the end customer will see
• Develop ecosystems and features that allow devices to communicate with each other
• Provide product value proposition, product description and presentations
• Work side-by-side with the sales and marketing teams on their customer materials
• BS degree required; Major in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• MBA a plus
• 4+ years work experienc in business or technical field
• Knowledge of customer base and needs, mobile devices and market trend is a must.
• Familiarity with Windows Mobile and Android OS
• Knowledge of software market and trends
• Ability to create presentations to communicate the vision easily to both internal and external teams
State or Province