|Job Description We currently have an opportunity for a Product Manager to join our Global Marketing and Sales Division. In this role you will champion the development of new products throughout the company. You will work with customers, all levels of engineering, and all functions within marketing and sales to build a shared understanding around critical customer needs and the product attributes that will deliver them. You will draft detailed product requirements, working directly with engineering teams to ensure their successful implementation. You will perform thorough quantitative analysis and provides recommendations on new product forecasts and pricing. You will serve as the company expert on the needs of target end users and thoroughly understands the strengths and weakness of all competitors in the category. You should have a successful track record in merging business needs, customer needs, product design, and engineering cost/time/risk considerations into successful products. In this role you will be a key contributor to decisions about Shure’s product roadmap and marketing strategy – in particular for Shure products in China. You must be fluent in Mandarin and written Chinese and have a strong understanding of the Chinese market.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Represent the Global Marketing and Sales Division during product development projects as the voice of the customer. Ensure that product attributes will create a positive end user value proposition.
· Initiate and participate in market research to define target segments and product positioning for new product development efforts.
· Write detailed functional requirements for product development teams. Ensure that the development team has clarity on the measures of success in meeting these requirements. Include technical specifications if necessary.
· Provide forecast and pricing analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders in Shure’s business units.
· Formulate and communicate the value proposition and selling story to Shure’s marketing teams globally.
· Execute timely Alpha and Beta testing with end users. Analyze findings to determine the appropriate course of action.
· Review user documentation for accuracy regarding product features, proper usage and expected performance.
· Provide internal training regarding operation, performance, usage environments, and ordering convention on products prior to launch. Serve as the product champion at trade exhibitions during launch.
· Maintain expert knowledge of the worldwide market for competitive products, and maintain contact with end users to validate requirements for products, based on competitive offerings and existing Shure products.
To be considered for this position we require:
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing or product management of a technical product.
· Fluency in English and in Mandarin and written Chinese
· Audio/Music industry experience preferred
· Knowledge of audio systems strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Ability to travel 25%
· Strong leadership skills
· Passion for optimal software design
· Excellent critical listening, analytic, and writing skills
· Fluency in Microsoft Office software and internal IT systems
State or Province