|Job Contact Nancy D'Alonzo
Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
The primary function of the Product Manager-Industrial Gases is to develop and implement strategies that will help Airgas grow Industrial Gas sales and profits. This position is responsible for identifying, launching and managing processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the gas supply chain. Success will require the creation of beneficial marketing, sales and product management plans, and programs, in collaboration with the Airgas Regional Companies and Market Sectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Develop, implement and improve Strategies for Acetylene, Propane and Propylene (Industrial Fuel Gases)
• Negotiate and Manage Supply Agreements for Industrial Fuel Gases
• Continually improve Fuel Gas Supply Chain through the analysis of make versus buy options, the designation of preferred vendors, and the assessment of alternative products
• Assist Regional Companies and Market Sectors with bids and opportunities for Industrial Fuel Gases
• Assist the Regional Companies and Market Sectors with Price Management
• Analyze revenue, volume and profit trends by Regional Company, and Market Sector, to identify Fuel Gas opportunities
• Assist impacted Regional Companies with yearly purchase requirements of Fuel Gases and Calcium Carbide
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert, on Industrial Gases, in support of IT/IS project implementations, data clean-up and file set maintenance
• Active participation on the Operations Steering Committee in collaboration with SAFECOR and Distribution Operations
o Introduction, revision and reissuance of relevant Manuals, Bulletins, Alerts and Best Practices
? Lead customer service, and data conversion requirements, to assure compliance with revised Food Gas Manual
• Lead development of Shielding Gas Strategy in collaboration with Regional Companies, Market Sectors, Process Gas Specialists and Distribution Operations
o Evaluate current Gold Gas Product Line and make changes as necessary
o Develop processes that assure quality and consistency of shielding gases
? Implement and manage processes to assure compliance to 2011 version of AWS A5.32 Shielding Gas Specification
o Establish best practice processes on shielding gas pricing
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 8+ years in industrial gases sales, sales management, product management, operations
• Bachelors degree, MBA a plus
• Strong knowledge of air separation plants/economics, liquid bulk supply, packaged industrial and specialty gases, cylinders and cylinder operations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills – proficient with Excel; Access and Data Warehouse skills a plus
• Demonstrated ability to set strategy, take initiative and execute
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of the value drivers for the product and overall impact of the business
• Must be willing to travel 20% to 40% (overnight travel required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
o Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
o Willing and able to drive (or have access to transportation), fly, and spend evenings away from home.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
State or Province