Manages the product, promotion and pricing activities for products sold into aftermarket channel. Includes maintenance of existing products and new product introductions. Defines and manages programs working cross functionally with product management, sales, engineering, sourcing, finance and marketing communications.
· Analyses product line sales and profitability performance.
· Conducts market and price positioning studies.
· Coordinates price management with sales and product line management.
· Defines promotional campaigns.
· Manages the launch on new products into aftermarket channels.
· Drives SKU rationalization activities.
· Supports annual strategy and budget planning cycle.
· Provides analytical support for sales forecasting and inventory planning.
· Defines and execute project plans.
· Researches, analyzes governmental, regulatory, financial, technological, competitor and demographic factors to identify risks and opportunities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND TASKS:
· Production and execution of annual multi-year product line roadmap by product group (heavy duty, general purpose, spur, etc.) including product line extensions, new product platforms, obsolescence plans, pricing, cost reduction, retro-fit opportunities, and competitive analysis.
· Actively lead New Product Development teams as assigned.
· Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
· Support Marketing with the coordination of standard product line advertising, and catalog material for responsible product lines
· Support Sales Management with product line price management, sales strategy, training materials, and required sales collateral material for responsible product lines.
· Conduct customer and distributor interviews to determine product requirements.
· Recommend and pursue acquisition candidates and participate in evaluation and integration of acquisition candidates in to Viking or other IDEX units as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BS in Engineering or Business with Marketing concentration or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
· Previous significant experience in product management, design, marketing, sales, or service of a product.
· Industrial pump or related equipment experience is preferred.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Willingness to travel, occasionally for extended periods of time both domestically and internationally.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
· Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
· Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
· General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
· Occasional work in the R&D lab and manufacturing environment.
· Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and all levels of corporate and company personnel
· Will work closely with customers, distributors, engineering, marketing, field sales, accounting, subsidiary units, other IDEX business units, IDEX staff, and the Viking staff.
Primary Location USA-Iowa-Cedar Falls
Organization Viking Pump State Street
State or Province