|Job Description: Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider, with approximately 2,600 employees in 36 countries worldwide, of information for professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. Professionals and students have long relied on the company’s textbooks, reference products, and journals. Their bibliographic, reference and pharmaceutical databases, drug information software, point-of-care tools, web-based information systems and online continuing education products also support the delivery of health information via interactive formats. The Health division is comprised of four business units of which Professional & Education is one.
The Professional & Education business group, under the Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (www.LWW.com) brand, publishes critical information, including many of the world's leading textbooks, reference tools and related products published for medical, nursing and other health professionals and students. LWW provides essential information for healthcare professionals in print and electronic formats, including textbooks, journals, CD-ROM, and via Intranets and the Internet.
We currently have a need for a Product Manager in our Baltimore, Maryland office.
The Product Manager is responsible for managing assigned products, ensuring that the products (and their components), deliver on-time, on-spec, and on-budget to ensure market satisfaction and revenue requirements.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Manages all phases of the editorial product development and editorial production cycle for all assigned product deliverables, whether delivered in print or electronic format or as a for-sale product or ancillary component
• Working with the Acquisition Editor/Executive Editor/Publisher and Author/Subject Matter/Vendor/Internal Content team to define the deliverables and the scope of the product(s) and as applicable, ancillaries
• Includes analyzing proposal reviews (as they are required for publishing committee, proposals) for revisions and creating review analysis for the Acquisitions Editor/Authoring team to consider in creation of the revision plan
• Assess product scope vs. the competition and vs. market feedback and the ability for the proposed author team (or others) to execute to market/publisher satisfaction
• Working with Product Director (who in turn works with Production Services) to work with a production and/or art/video/photography vendor and reporting to Production Services on the execution on behalf of the vendor for proofreading, copyediting, composition, and art/multimedia creation and delivery in terms of quality, schedule, and budget
• Creating a project budget for all products/ancillaries for content creation (in all formats) in collaboration with vendors and freelancers as appropriate
• Obtaining project budget for production and manufacturing costs of the products delivered
• Obtaining and reviewing full-service cost quotation from vendors; monitors budget and costs, including production budget and costs; reviews and approves final invoice; Obtains approval from Production Services of all vendor cost quotations and invoices
• Managing the product's team and product's deliverables to ensure all deliverables are completed on-spec, on-time, and on-budget to market satisfaction
• Ensures timely delivery of manuscript/content, applications/platforms as appropriate from Author Team/Subject Matter Experts/Vendors/Internal Content team(s)
• Ensures timely delivery of materials (text, art, design specifications, etc.) and guidelines to full-service and/or electronic product vendor
• Monitors proofs as required to ensure that expected quality standards are met, which may include sample copy editing, page proofs, cover proofs, bluelines or other printer's proofs, and alpha and beta versions of electronic products
• With the editorial assistant (and acquisitions editor as applicable), manage market reviews, market research and market development efforts during the product development phase to ensure market satisfaction and enrollment
• The Product Manager is responsible for registering all publications with the U.S. Copyright office.
• Reporting to Production Services vendor and PEB compliance to scheduled key milestone dates for all assigned projects
•Bachelor of Arts or Science or Equivalent of 4 years of experience in publishing
•2 years of publishing experience, 4 years preferred
•Excellent ability to track and manage multiple projects, effective time and resource utilization, as well as ability to manage and train a pool of freelancers
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Strong detail orientation combined with broad conceptual understanding
•Effective analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills
•General computer literacy and specific demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office software - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
•Strong leadership skills, assertive
About Wolters Kluwer:
Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s leading, information-enabled tools and solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s leading, information-enabled tools and solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer has 2010 annual revenues of ?3.6 billion ($5 billion/£3.1 billion), employs approximately 19,300 people worldwide, and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
Visit our website (www.wolterskluwer.com), YouTube or follow @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter for more information about our customers, market positions, brands and organization.
Wolters Kluwer offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including 4-weeks of paid time off (1st year), 12 paid holidays, and a generous profit sharing program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
|Wolters Kluwer Health - Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
State or Province