The Product Manager will be a key manager responsible for all existing product lines, new product market introduction, and project leader of strategic platform development projects. This individual will be responsible for product line profitability, analysis of competitive threats, recommendation of product line extensions and cost reduction initiatives for existing products. He/she will develop pricing strategies and lead RFQ responses while coordinating with operations, sales, and engineering. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the Applications Engineering function and be the primary business responsibility for Sales support. This individual will exhibit excellent business fundamentals as they lead analysis and recommendation for future growth. It is essential that he/she create a culture of excellence to drive positive results.
• Responsible for managing existing product line to include profitability and market strategies.
• Drives market penetration and expansion by working closely with Sales and customers.
• Functions as a project leader as needed for platform project initiatives.
• Has a strong understanding of business and can create incremental cash flow analysis, return on investment models, and customer value propositions.
• Serves as a technical expert for product lines and is able to advise customers on our products value for their networks.
• Manages Application Engineering functions and ensures that resources are properly staffed with equipment to support Sales and customer needs.
• Reviews OEM agreements and in some cases may be responsible for the relationship.
• Resolves issues escalated from manufacturing, engineering, marketing and customer service/support.
• Establishes metrics to evaluate business performance.
• Ensures that RFQs are completed accurately, on time, and completely.
• Maintains knowledge of current technologies as they apply to our products.
• Plays a major role in the development of our fiber business.
• Oversees and manages the Product Management and Applications Engineering budgets.
• Proactively pursues engineering cost reduction initiatives.
• Reviews and approves PM/AE expenditures.
• Reports to and serves as a backup to the VP of Product Development.
• Creates a culture of excellence to drive positive results.
• BS or MS degree in Engineering.
• MBA a plus.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a product manager at a senior level and at least 10 years total experience.
• Has experience in an Asian contract manufacturing environment.
• Has developed product line plans, in addition to budgets, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Defines and understands the key technologies in our business well enough to develop a product roadmap and assist in evaluation of technical talent.
• Demonstrates successful management of new product development in a complex organization.
Short Term Initiatives:
• Understand all product lines and current strategies associated with each.
• Develop fiber product roadmap (review opportunity in CPE, head-end, & CO space)
• Take commercial leadership of a new strategic product initiative.
• Develop a detailed product plan from strategic objectives of All Systems Broadband.
• Learn new PDM system and role of Product Manager within that system and define future enhancement to enable better product management fundamentals.
• Define resource requirements for 2012.
Skills & Requirements:
• Strong business acumen to provide business strategy and improve financial performance.
• Experience managing an Applications Engineering function in a product development environment with demonstrated history of completing projects on time and under budget.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English. Must be able to communicate and negotiate with team members, outside vendors, and customers.
• Mandarin Chinese and/or Spanish language skills a plus.
• Must be proficient with computers, PDM systems, and Microsoft Office.
• Good presentation and organizational skills.
• Excellent work ethic, business ethics, and high quality standards are required.
• Applied understanding and experience with lean manufacturing principles.
• A true passion for the telecommunication/cable industry and the unique challenges it presents.
• Successful leader with a documented history of improving business and engineering practices.
• Above average critical thinking, logic and reasoning abilities.
• Common sense and problem solving skills.
Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a typical amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects in an office environment.
• Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more as well as 20 inches or less.
• Position requires approximately up to 40 days of travel annually, including some international travel.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a trade show environment.
• Must be able to work with deadlines and under pressure.
Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
• Office, laboratory and various factory settings.
|All Systems Broadband|
State or Province